“The reason for the Great Resignation is that people don’t feel a sense of purpose. Making money for shareholders is not a purpose. Saving lives, addressing climate change, offsetting income inequality—these are valid purposes.” – Bill George
Bill George, former CEO of Medtronic and Senior Fellow at Harvard Business School, believes that authentic leadership is crucial in today’s business world. In his article he points out that:
- Authentic leaders are true to themselves and exhibit self-awareness, transparency, and genuineness.
- Leaders can build trust, inspire teams, and create a sense of purpose and commitment.
- Purpose is an essential component of leadership, and leaders should align their personal purpose with that of their organization.
- Leaders need to have a clear sense of purpose that goes beyond financial goals.
- Leaders who are authentic can lead through difficult times and make tough decisions with integrity and a clear sense of purpose, inspiring their teams and achieving their goals.
Read the article here: https://www.mckinsey.com/capabilities/strategy-and-corporate-finance/our-insights/leading-with-authenticity-a-conversation-with-bill-george?stcr=1EDC85CEC0F14F08BAB9CBC9D1D623D1&cid=other-eml-alt-mip-mck&hlkid=89c147a32fdc413bbf76eb213b5c5d47&hctky=13892562&hdpid=d0dac3f8-b97c-4d34-8981-dc2d4c2f3d25